Fleet Laboratories Ltd is an experienced manufacturer of a wide range of toiletry products, pharmaceuticals and medical devices. We ensure an understanding of our customer's businesses to whom we offer a wide range of services, including formulation development, material purchasing, manufacture and analysis.
As part of the DDD group of companies, we work with a diverse range of customers, building relationships some of which have lasted over 30 years
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Supply Chain Manager who has a background in manufacturing.
This role will be responsible for managing all related functions including materials planning, scheduling and ordering activities associated with the delivery of customer products, direct and indirect material purchasing, inventory control and warehousing.
- Define supply chain strategy for the business and achieve year on year budgeted improvements in material cost productivity
- Manage the current supplier base and build operational relationships with new suppliers
- Maintain and improve operational efficiency level through on time stock availability
- Oversee stock control, planning, purchasing and organising incoming goods
- Direct management of supply chain and planning team
- Experience within a lean manufacturing environment
- Ownership of the supply response to the demand forecast of the Sales & Operations Planning process.
- Monitor vendor performance regarding product quality, on-time delivery and conformance with commercial terms
- Work closely with external suppliers to deliver cost reduction, quality and delivery improvements
- Ensure warehousing and logistics processes are aligned in the supply chain to meet customer expectations including the goods inwards management process and the management of the delivery fleet
- We are looking for a hands on leader with significant management experience
- Excellent empathy skills, training skills and approachable in regards to explaining and delivering the importance of supply chain
- Candidates must have implemented a strategy in a previous role
- Experience of ERP/MRP or related product specific forecasting in a manufacturing or distribution environment.
- Must be knowledgeable in planning and forecasting systems
- Practical experience in the application of continuous improvement techniques in a manufacturing environment
- End to end Supply Chain understanding