Salary - £61,989
About the role:
We are looking for an exceptional individual with the experience, innovation and collaborative approach to lead the development of credible solutions at JRF, and play an important role in developing the organisation’s approach to creating solutions in partnership with others.
• Drive forward the creation of credible solutions in partnership with others so that more people find a route out of poverty through work and a better social security system; more people have a decent affordable home.
• Provide organisational leadership on approaches to creating credible solutions including working alongside people with lived experience of poverty, with people who are affected by policy including service deliverers and the public, and policy-makers.
• Identify and develop the key strategic partnerships that JRF needs to deliver its outcomes on credible solutions, putting energy and resource where it is likely to deliver impact for our mission.
Highly collaborative you will be able to influence across a diverse stakeholder base, finding solutions and being able to chair and facilitate in order to drive change. You will have a strong strategic focus and have advanced skills in building and sustaining high value internal and external relationships.
Your communication skills will be exemplary as will your ability to make sound judgements drawing on solid evidence and involving others.
JRF’s vision is for a prosperous UK without poverty. Its mission is to inspire action and change to solve UK poverty. Building on the foundation of ‘We Can Solve UK Poverty: a strategy for governments, businesses, communities and citizens’, JRF will focus its work on four outcomes to contribute to real-world change so that:
• More people want to solve UK poverty, understand it and take action;
• more people find a route out of poverty through work;
• more people find a route out of poverty through a better social security system; and
• more people have a decent affordable home.
JRF’s operating model will be built towards working with others, including those with lived experience of poverty, to achieve these outcomes. This post will lead the development of credible solutions at JRF, and play an important role in developing the organisation’s approach to creating solutions in partnership with others.
As part of becoming an organisation designed to deliver on our ambitious outcomes, we are building a leadership team with a commitment to transforming JRF into a leader of change in the 21st century. We are embracing matrix working, technology, innovation, digital and design thinking to modernise what we do and how we do it. All postholders and teams will be required to contribute across the organisation so that skills and knowledge are used to maximum effect for the organisation’s mission, and contribute to the learning and development of teams.
Closing date for applications is 18 July 2018.