Elevation Senior Finance are currently looking to recruit a commercially focused Interim Financial Controller for an exciting business based in York, reporting directly to the Finance Director.
The primary purpose of the role will be to oversee the finance team and ensure the smooth operation of the accounting and admin function within the company. As well as this, the successful candidate will be required to assist the FD in business planning/strategy, supporting decision making from a financial perspective.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Collating, preparing and interpreting reports, budgets, accounts, commentaries and financial statements
- Assisting the Managing Director and Senior Management team in developing the company and its activities, providing financial information that can aid decision making and assisting in the identification of trends as well as the implementation of performance indicators
- Cashflow forecasting leading on budgeting and forecasting, working closely with line managers and budget holders to develop annual budgets along with supporting reports to explain subsequent changes in budget requests
- Leading on budgeting and forecasting, working closely with line managers and budget holders to develop annual budgets along with supporting reports to explain subsequent changes in budget requests
- Extensive costs and pricing analysis
- Finance Business Partner and support and advise stakeholders in making strategic and operational decisions through challenge and insight
- Support the strategic and financial planning, budgeting and forecasting for the aligned business area
- Support the development and on-going measurement of performance against the performance management framework and KPIs
- Development and provision of relevant and insightful reporting and analysis for business areas, to drive improved business performance
- Proactively leading and implementing changes to processes and procedures which will improve the functionality of the administration of the company and its financial systems
The successful candidate will require the following:
- CIMA, ACCA OR ACA Qualified
- Highly experienced Finance Manager / Financial Controller
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Thorough understanding of diverse business processes and financial strategy development
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to manipulate data
- Strong commercial acumen
- Highly proficient with Excel
- Strong financial modelling
Elevation Accountancy & Finance is a specialist division of Elevation Recruitment Group focusing on the recruitment of talented Accountancy and Finance professionals across all levels, from Ledger Clerks through to Financial Directors in Yorkshire and surrounding regions. If you match the specified criteria and are interested in discussing the position in more detail, we would love to hear from you.