Our client is a global media company who are looking for an interim Finance Manager to join their Content division who are responsible for distrubution rights. This contract will have an option to extend at the clients discretion.
The Finance Manager, Global Content, will provide oversight over the amortisation and royalty/talent payment costs related to the studio's content portfolio and ensure that these costs are re-charged to the regions on a timely and accurate basis. The role will work closely with other areas of the business, including the Investment Support team, Talent Accounting and Group and Regional Finance teams.
- Preparation of a consolidated view of content related costs, primarily consisting of royalty payments to independent production companies, contributor costs to key talent participants and amortisation of the content portfolio
- Responsible for preparing/reviewing content related costs as part of the month-end reporting process and for budget/forecast including cash flow implications
- Review and analysis of automated journal postings made in relation to royalty, contributor and amortisation costs
- Global reporting of content charge including performing analysis to understand key drivers in variances against budget/forecast e.g. explaining impact of sales mix volume variances, changes in content investment
- Monthly calculation and review of actual content charge working with regional finance teams to resolve issues and queries.
- Lead on preparation of ad-hoc analysis as required by the business including presentation of analysis to senior stakeholders
- Supervision and development of 2 finance analysts including review of work performed around month-end and budget/forecast process
The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate the following:
- Strong analytical skills
- Influencing and networking skills
- Complex problem solving and attention to detail
- Project and team management
- Communicating and presentation skills including ability to explain calculations to finance and non-finance community.
- Excellent planning and organisation
- Hold a professional qualification (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) with 2 years PQE