Main Purpose of role
- Provide strategic, financial and practical guidance to ensure the company's financial commitments are met.
- Develop all necessary policies and procedures to ensure the sound financial management and control of the company's business.
- To ensure the company complies with all necessary statutory requirements.
- To control/manage the Accounts and Human Resources Departments.
- To liaise with Board members and other Heads of Department.
- To safeguard the assets of the Company.
- To ensure subsidiaries are compliant and performing well, within the group
Dimensions of role
- Manage the Accounts and HR Departments including the payroll and general administration functions.
- Ensure financial reports are produced monthly and/or when required.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant government regulations and The Companies Act.
- Financial Management of company's subsidiaries
- Meet or exceed department and company targets and objectives.
- Liaison with other Department Managers
- To follow a process of continuous improvement for the department's output
- Comply with Company policy and procedures
- Manage, coach and assist subsidiaries Finance Managers/Staff
Key Functions,Knowledge, Skills & Experience
Professional Qualifications /
Technical experience required
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, or related field required; MBA preferred (or equivalent)
- ACCA/CIMA Qualified
- Working knowledge of audits, and other regulatory requirements in the financial field.
Any other desirable skills/experience relevant to role
- Expert computer skills, including MSOffice, with advanced proficiency in Excel (look ups, pivot tables etc).
- Experience in financial analysis inc variances & budget comparison
- Proficient use of AX Dynamics or other ERP Package.
- Demonstrated success in a fast-paced global environment.
- The ability to work independently in a global manufacturing environment.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Superior written and verbal communications skills.
- Knowledge of import/export environment.
- Highly ethical with unquestioned integrity.
- Proven business partnering skills
Type and depth of relevant professional experience required for this role.
- 5+ years relevant work experience as a senior Accountant/Finance Manager/Director or equivalent.
- Experience of Global Markets
- Knowledge of subsidiaries