Head of Cloud Engineering
• £90-100k + excellent benefits package
The Head of Cloud Engineering will be joining a real technology innovator who is at the forefront of their sector. They provide major global financial & professional services companies, automated SaaS services that deliver more efficient & faster processes, safer compliance, lower costs & superior risk management capabilities.
Reporting to the VP of Engineering, as Head of Cloud Engineering you will oversee the architecture, technologies, operations & managerial aspects of all Cloud Hosting. You will be responsible for all levels of customers, single, mid-level and Tier 1.
Some key responsibilities
• All planning & day to day operational management of all Global SaaS Cloud Hosting requirements
• Responsible for all cloud hosting resources & budgets, including Cloud Engineering staff (10+)
• All reporting on Cloud Hosting progress against set business KPIs & objectives
Responsible for all architecture with "best practices" including design & implementation of …
* Use of virtualization and/or bare metal servers
* Secure networks & internet access/secure data processing & storage
* Failure & recovery models
• Scaling infrastructure to achieve business performance under load objectives
• All recruitment & performance reviews & participation in probation reviews
You will have operated at a similar senior level with comparable responsibilities within a large SaaS company operating a B2B solution. You will have experience in large volumes & high user concurrency.
• Managed multiple cloud hosting with multiple providers, preferably at least 2 from the following AWS, IBM BlueMix, Azure Cloud, Google Cloud)
• Experience of global roll-out responsibility
• 7+ yrs of infrastructure operations experience, specialising in Cloud Architecture
• 5+ yrs leading SaaS based Cloud operations team
• owned the hosting responsibility with decisions on architecture, operational staff and budgets
• Prior experience as a Development Manager or Network Engineering Manager.
• Experience in designing highly secure networks, database and application server environments in a Cloud Hosted facility.
• Experience with file system clustering and replication
• Experience with replicated database environments.
• Strong ability to document completely and accurately at all levels of solution implementation.
• Strong understanding of Service Desk, Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management, Configuration Management and Computer Operations IT disciplines.
• Results oriented, willing to take responsibility and accept accountability for actions. • Strong interpersonal communication skills.
• High degree of initiative and sense of urgency.
• Ability to work on multiple, simultaneous initiatives.
• Strong at explaining technical information to non-technical people.
• Experience with Cloud Hosting billing.
• Preparing cost analysis reporting based on actual and expected usage.
• Act as SME for demand inquiries on our Cloud Platform including Private Cloud implementations.
• Strong business sense and be technical and analytical.
• Experienced at working with large data sets.
Interested? Please apply & all suitable candidates will be contacted asap. Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is sometimes not possible to speak to all applicants directly. Please assume that if you have not been contacted within 2 weeks of your application that on this occasion it will not be progressed. We thank you for your understanding