Our highly reputible client based in Glasgow is requiring a Business Analyst with proven Agile experience and various infrastructure components including Linux OS, Windows OS, Storage (NAS, block, object), Networking and ESX.
We are looking for a Technical Business Analyst to join our growing engineering team and build out the next generation of automation technology for our platform. The ideal candidate is a hands-on person that has strong background in implementing complex technologies. We are looking for someone who can help the businesses implement solutions that facilitate:
* Working with a team of software engineers and infrastructure developers to deliver component automation for application failover & resilience acceleration
* Data analysis of the organization's need to ensure automation development effort is focused on the biggest return on investment
* Recommending solutions to meet the business needs by working with technology teams that range from development and production support teams
* Communicating with both management and non-management teams to design solutions
The individual will also be working on an application to enable internal colleagues to order and manage their computing infrastructure.
Working with teams that use the following software/tools:
* Scripting languages like Python, Perl, Shell, etc.
* Infrastructure automation technologies: Ansible, Puppet, Chef, etc.
* Build automation technologies: Maven, Jenkins, etc.
* Monitoring technologies: Nagios
* Building APIs and services using REST, SOAP, etc.
* Creating a distributed streaming or messaging layer using QPID, RabbitMQ, Kafka, etc.
Qualifications required -
* Experience in multiple of the above mentioned technologies
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field preferred; Master's degree preferred
* Minimum of 10 years' practical experience in business analysis required
* Minimum of 5 years' experience in scrum/agile environments; Scrum certification preferred
* Experience gathering requirements from the client/business and documenting
* Experience with process improvement, workflow, benchmarking and / or evaluation of business processes required
* Intermediate level of proficiency with PC based software programs and automated database management systems required (Excel, Access, PowerPoint) required.
12 Months contract based in Glasgow, Scotland.
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application