Rather than seeking a specific technology background the emphasis here is much more on "knowing what good looks like" and leading from the front in terms of architectural decisions and the day-to-day management of small-medium sized teams of back-end OO Developers and Data Engineers. That saud it is likely that the successful applicant will bring several years' experience with at least one of the major RDBMS along with C++/Java/.Net or similar. Also appraisals and objective setting is a must
Role & Responsibilities:-
This individual will report into the SVP of Digital and Technology for the Investor Business and will:
- Establish and execute product roadmaps for critical business/growth priorities for Valuations, Asset Services, Accounting Services, Marketing and Research products across all of EMEA.
- Lead the delivery of new and custom developed products, by closely partnering with other regions and Development Centers (including Spain)
- Lead and continue to grow a high-impact Technical Product Management and associated engineering teams - experienced in agile product development and software engineering best practices (i.e. DevOps (CI/CD) automation, test automation, etc.).
- Work with the business to identify areas where technology innovation can generate substantial upside; test and scale-up innovation.
- Help prioritize and drive critical initiatives to transform EMEA Investor Business segments.
- Collaborate with LoB leaders and other Digital & Technology leaders globally.
- Establish governance and a culture of transparent performance management.
Across all priorities, a key driver of success will be a good people person who brings the ability to not only effectively manage the development effort, but also senior stakeholders across the whole of the EMEA region, achieve consensus using fact-based analysis and drive disciplined execution.
Qualifications & Required Experience:-
- Experience: Seasoned product and technology executive. Experienced in leading a digital transformation; experience with successful technology product development and delivery;
- Technical Orientation: Passion for technology, products, UX and innovation; Experience in implementing modern product development practices (agile, design thinking).
- Personal traits: Relish working with small high-impact teams; ambitious and results oriented - sets a high bar and leads with example; ability to set a transformative agenda and drive practical execution; ability to operate at senior levels.
- Collaboration: Seasoned Digital leader, experience in partnering with multiple business partners and work with geographically distributed development centers.
- Qualifications: Bachelor's degree is required; more advanced degree and/or MBA is a plus.